I was looking through my past posts and really most of them are breakfast related. That is probably due to the fact that it is the only meal that I regularly cook on the weekends, also it is my go-to dinner.
A family friend recently tipped me off to a secret regarding scrambled eggs: use cream cheese.
Here is one of my most fundamental, most delicious egg recipes:
Spinach, Onion, Ham and Cheese Egg Scramble
Total Cook time 12-15 minutes
- two large handfuls of spinach (washed and chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- two pieces of lunch meat cubed (ham or turkey works well
- 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese
- 3-4 eggs
- Dice 1/2 yellow onion, sauté in a little oil for 5 minute
- While onion is cooking cut ham in little squares. Throw in pan to sauté
- Also while onion/ham are cooking, roughly chop spinach, throw in pan until it softens.
- While spinach is cooking (about 2 min), heat cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds in a mug or bowl. Crack eggs and whisk eggs/cream cheese together. It will not fully mix, that is okay.
- Pour egg mixture over spinach, ham, onions and using a spatula continually fold the eggs until cooked. You can add cheddar cheese (if desired) during the folding process.