Often when I am baking, I pull recipes from a variety of websites and continents. This habit often requires some form of conversion in order to properly execute a recipe. Martha Stewart has an awesome print out that lists common kitchen conversions, and I added to the information with my own conversion set of cups to grams to ounces. Using a few wooden unfinished picture frames, some red paint and some scrapbook paper, I now have the conversions hanging above my kitchen sink. Next time I am knee deep in flour, I won’t have to leave a fingerprint trail on my iPad to look up the proper conversion.
One note, obviously for the weight measurement different ingredients will weight different amounts. The conversion chart posted is for all-purpose flour.
What you will need:
- Thee wooden frames, can be purchased at Michaels.
- Scrapbook paper (I used different patterns)
- The following print outs.
- Paint the frames, let dry over night
- Use the sample picture to cut out scrap book paper to size with the frames
- Then print out the documents above, and cut out/glue to scrapbook papers.
- Once the frames are dry, assemble and hang.